Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Run RUN RUUUUNNNN + Deserted Island

After Vegasssssss, I had planned to take roughly a week off from running.  Saturday morning I woke up raring to go for a run, and realized that I would have to rent a toboggan to make it to my gym.  Sunday I woke up with a cold to end all colds, and by Sunday evening it had progressed in to full on bubonic plague (I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac....no worries).

Andrew commented on one of my Vegas posts wondering:
BTW how many germ-filled hands pulled on those knobs huh? 
In reference to the giant slot machine (I still giggle whenever I say slot FYI).  Answer:  at least one with the bubonic plague.

Monday and Tuesday were spent sleeping or laying on the couch, resulting in me freaking out about not having run in a week and a half.  I'm fairly certain this is the longest I've gone without running since I started running regularly 2 years ago.  I was feeling better Tuesday night and knew I'd make it to work on Wednesday.  As extra incentive to make it through the whole day, I laid out my running clothes and darted off to bed.

Wednesday I was counting down the hours and Kleenexes I was burning through in anticipation for THE RUN.  I hit the treadmill, although looking back it was perfect winter weather for running outside:  20 degrees, but almost no wind.  Thick beautiful snowflakes falling.  Sigh.  Next time.  Anyway, my legs felt like garbage starting out, but only took about a quarter of a mile to loosen up.  There were some random knee and hip aches during the run, but nothing I would consider actual pain.

I did 3 miles in 28:20 for a pace of 9:27.  I heart running.

I also got to try out my new Wave Rider 14s that I got today.  Has anyone switched from the 13s to the 14s?  I kind of hate them.  They feel giant compared to my cute little 13s.  But they're so cute in their pretty pink.  Hmmmm.

_________________________

So Miss Susan tagged me in her deserted island post as one of the 7 people she would want with her on an island.  Yay!  As part of the tag, I am to answer 7 questions that she has posed to me and 6 others, and then make up 7 new questions for my deserted island pals.

1.  What’s the latest book you would recommend reading?  
The Raw Shark Texts.  I actually hope to re-read it somewhat soon.  It's pretty out there but oh so good.
2.  What’s your favorite holiday cookie?  

I love my Grandma's molasses cookies.  I've tried to remake them with her recipe but they never turn out right.  :(
3.  You have to sing karaoke:  What song are you singing?  

Since it's Christmas time, I would do Glee's version of Last Christmas.  Any other time of the year I'd be all about Alanis.... probably Head Over Feet.
4.  When you were four years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?  

I wanted to be a baby doctor.  Pediatrician was a tough word for a 4 year old.
5.  What are you most proud of in 2010?  

Running my first marathon.  Loving it enough to train for and complete the second one as well.
6.  You have the day off to do whatever you want…what are your plans?  

Barnes and Noble to wander around the books with a pumpkin spice latte in my hand.  Lunch at sushi masa without having to wait in line for a table.  Ice skating at an indoor rink, or a 10 mile run in freakishly warm temps that feels effortless.  Someone to cook me a really great homemade dinner and then head to Falls Park to look at the Christmas lights.  And then magically have this last season's episodes of Dexter so I can catch up.
7.  What’s on the top of your holiday wishlist?  (I need ideas!)  

A nook.


Now it's my turn to tag 7 folks.  Obviously Susan would be on my deserted island as well, but since I don't want her to have to answer more questions, I will choose:
**Man, apparently Luke's going to be a lucky lucky man on this island. :p

1.  Since you're all runners, what has been your favorite race you've done to date?
2.  And which is your dream race?
3.  What is your favorite holiday and why?
4.  What is your favorite running blog to read (no need to suck up and say mine, as that's a given....)?
5.  What is your favorite non-running blog to read (clearly I'm looking for some new awesome blogs to add to my reader)?
6.  What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
7.  When are you going to run a race with me?  :)


If you're not tagged, do not feel left out.... answer a question of your choice.  :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like we run around the same pace, wanna move to Chicago and help me train for a half marathon? Haha hope you are feeling better!

Lucas said...

All I can say is that I'm the luckiest man alive! :P I'll do my response tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I always love the 1st run post-marathon...everything feels new! I wear mizuno wave inspires and the new 7s look SO pretty, but I am scared I won't like them :( hopefully that's not the case!

Jamie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hear that plague is pretty serious. ;)

Susan said...

Yay for running again!! And thanks for joining me on my island. :)