Sunday, March 8, 2009

Countdown.

The St. Patty's Day 5k is in 6 days.  Whoo.  I did my last long run of 7 miles this morning and it felt good.  I really hope the weather isn't atrocious, because I think I have a honest shot of a significant PR.  I'm mentally planning about 3 different race outfit options depending on the weather.  Having as much green clothes as I do really makes it difficult to narrow the decision down.  What a horrible problem to have.

www.StPattysDayMile.com.jpg

I'm just really excited about falling back in love with running.  The last couple of years I've just been running for the sake of running.  It's been awhile since I actually looked forward to my runs, and started to get that competitive streak back in me.  Looking at my 7 mile from today, I really think I'll be able to get under 2 hours in one or both of my 1/2s this year, which would be amazing.  I had kind of given up on that hope since I had started to run at a snail's pace.  I'm also even contemplating doing a half this spring.  I could have 2 months to train (if I found one in May) and I'm already up to 7 miles for my long run.  It's not a bad idea.  But scary.  I'm used to "training" from February to September for my 1/2.  But since that training consisted of about 1 long run a week, maybe that's why it took so long to prepare.  :p


If you're in the area on Saturday and want to see me in all my green glory, let me know.  I'd love to have some extra support!

No comments: