Saturday, February 28, 2009

Race Annoucements

I am excited to announce some big races I have decided to do.  I have decided to finally commit to running a marathon.  Whoo.  I've wanted to run a marathon for as long as I can remember, but each 1/2 that I have trained for and completed has shown me my lack of dedication.  I have been thinking about my running and training lately, and realized that this is the time in my life when I have the most time to dedicate towards working out.  It will be very difficult to train for a marathon when I have a family, and that could be reason enough to keep me from training at all. 

When I first started running races, I said that I wanted to do the Green Bay marathon as my first.  It's a great Packer fan first marathon.  The last mile is a lap around Lambeau Field.  What more could a person want?!?  I've decided that May 2010 will be my first (and hopefully not last) marathon.

I know this may seem like pretty far off, so I do have a plan to keep me motivated and excited to train for the next 15 months.  I will be running the Sioux Falls 1/2 marathon in September as I have done for the last 4 years.  Instead of falling off the face of the earth after the race, I will set my sights on the Dallas White Rock Marathon in Dallas, TX in December.  From here I will be able to continue on my training with Green Bay in my near future.

Over the next few months, I will be running a few 5ks or 10ks to keep me going prior to starting my 1/2 marathon training, and am really excited to see what my race times will end up.  I've put so much more time and energy into running this last 2 months.  It'll be nice to see what the ol' legs can pull off.

No comments: