Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Marathon Recovery and Weekly Wishlist

So turns out that recovery is pretty g.d. boring.  Saturday post race I was legitimately concerned that I had done something major to my knee.  I was unable to straighten it or bend it completely without intense shooting pain.  Luckily by Sunday the pain had subsided to normal post-marathon aches.

As of Tuesday, my hip felt 100% but I still had a lot of pain and soreness around my hip flexor/hip area in my right leg along with some knee pain.  After some rolling, I decided to take princess leia out for a short little spin to get the blood flowing in my legs.  8.5 windy miles later (can't escape the wind EVER apparently) I was finally able to walk normally!  YAYZIES!  I had some initial pressure under my kneecaps for the first 1/2 mile, but after that the ride was great.  Of course Wednesday brought some random hip shooting pains while just sitting at work, so who knows what's going on.

All I know is that this girl needs her endorphins!

Before I bring you to this week's wishlist, please visit Kristin's blog!  She is running NYC Marathon (her first!) as a part of Team World Vision and is seeking out your help for donations.  Please check out her page and donate generously.  If you need further convincing, she's a huge Packers fan too, so clearly she's a great gal.  I mean... her dog is named Lambeau.... sigh... a girl after my own heart.  ;)  KILL IT KRISTIN!


Interesting fun fact:  I was a NERDY with a capital -ERDY kid.  Amongst many other dorky things, I was obsessed with dinosaurs.  What's that?  You heard I had an extensive dinosaur eraser collection?  Well.  That may be correct.  Quiz me on some dino facts, let's see if I still got it.  Anywhosits, this necklace is probably the sweetest thing ever.  (too bad it's waaaaaaaay too expensive).

I definitely don't consider myself a very girly-girl, but I love a pretty/flirty skirt.  This one is so adorable.
My bfff wore a similar dress to a high school classmates wedding last summer, and clearly I'm still lusting after it.  She had a gorgo tan going, and the blue looked killer next to it.  Sheans!  I'm going to borrow this sometime this summer, k thx lovvvvve you. 


The girl in green strikes again!  Love this shade of green, probably my favorite (whoa! that's saying a lot!) and love that it's cutesy but still laidback.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hip pain sounds so similar to mine its crazy! All I know is if you take 2 weeks off running it helps a lot! But then you get real out of shape..can't wait to hear how you rehab this

Susan said...

I don't like recovery either...I just want to run normal again!

Love that green shirt. Fingers crossed it goes on sale soon!

Anonymous said...

Recovery, the necessary evil! Good clal on the bike-ride leg-stimulation though :) Smart gal!

THat green shirt would definitely be in my basket - very cute!