Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Week 1

Monday Planned: GA 8 miles
Monday Actual: I woke up to run Monday morning with the most ferocious headache. I took some ibuprofen and snuggled the pug, expecting it to be gone in 20-30 minutes. It continued for 3 days. Needless to say I went back to bed until I had to go to work, and didn't get the run in.


Tuesday Planned:
 Rest
Tuesday Actual
VO2 Max 10 miles, 2 sets of 2x1200, 1x800@ 3k-5k--modified. We made it through about 7 miles of the day, the first set of 2x1200 & 1x800 and the first 1200 of the second set before my calve started to really bother me. I jogged it out, stretched it out, and during a recovery jog stretch it felt like someone shot me in the leg with an arrow so I opted to cut the run short. Some foam rolling after found the culprit--knots on knots in my calves. Uff da.






Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 10 miles, 2 sets of 2x1200, 1x800@ 3k-5k
Wednesday Actual: 4 miles recovery with the group run at 605.





Thursday Planned
 Rest
Thursday Actual: We had planned to do 5 miles in the morning to make up for a bit of the missed miles on Tuesday, but when my alarm went off at 5:30am, so did a major thunderstorm outside. Harumph. Since I ran after work instead, I cut it down to 4 miles knowing I needed to do my long run in 10 short hours.





Friday Planned: Recovery 4 Miles
Friday Actual
Endurance 12 miles in all the heat and humidity. I had to wring out my ponytail before going to Starbucks after because I was dripping so badly. Gross.




Saturday Planned: Endurance 12 miles
Saturday Actual: Rest


Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: 4 ish miles on gravel recovery run around the lake. Hot and windy!




Total Mileage Planned: 34 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  31.17 miles

No comments: