Thursday, October 11, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Expo

We made our way to the expo, and I was so excited to spend all the monies. It's been a long time (4 years!) since I've run a marathon and I gave myself a little budget to purchase some fun things to commemorate the occasion. We went to the official race gear first so we didn't miss out on sizing of things.

I fell in love with a super cute vest but the $130 price tag had me second guessing that purchase. I have an amazing winter coat from 605 Running Co. that costs less than that. And I've wore that in -10+ degrees. Uff da. Eventually I talked myself out of it, as well as a $100 light jacket. INSANE. I did snag a cute short sleeved shirt, and a pint glass, of course. 


We picked up our race packets and I took note of their words of encouragement for the race.


We made our way through the booths and took some time for some photo ops. I couldn't believe that I didn't heavily stimulate the economy at this expo. CRAZY. I talked myself out of everything.


BRF jackets!


Before too long we were ready to leave. With almost as much money in our pockets as when we started. sigh. It's the law of marathons. When you have money and want to spend it, there's nothing. When you're poor poor poor there will be all the cute gear and you'll be sad you can't have it. Harumph.


No comments: