Friday, February 1, 2019

Race Goals: Frostbite Four

Tomorrow is the Frostbite Four race. Last year was my first time participating in the race, despite it being on my radar since 2009. Who wants to run a race with the word "frostbite" in the title?? Brrr.... pass. But last year was a blast, and I'm excited to do it again this year.

Last year, I ran a PR in a really strong race time of 32:20, a pace of 8:05. I was thrilled with my race performance, especially after a disappointing half marathon the weekend before. This year, I'd really like to snag another PR. I've given myself a bit of an off season since the Dallas Half Marathon, but the amount of miles I have in my legs this year is an additional 1400+ than last year. I did one speed session on a nice day two weeks ago, and I was pretty thrilled by the paces for that.

With that being said, my goals for the race are:

A Goal: Sub 8 pace. Eeps. This seems speedy, but would be a huge confidence boost going into spring half marathon training.

B Goal: Sub 8:10 pace. The weather won't be nearly as nice and perfect as it was last year, so if I land close to last year's time, it would still make for a stronger performance.

C Goal: Run strong, whatever the finishing time.

I'm excited for tomorrow, and to hang out with running friends for the chili feed after, and hopefully see some 605 Running Co. folks take home some race winning hardware!



No comments: