Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daily Mile Meet Up + Last Long Run

Wednesday night, a group of area Daily Milers met up for some drinks, food, and running gab.  There were a few peeps that I haven't met before, so it was a blast.  Quite jealous of Tom and Sara's new daily mile shirts, I must say.  After polishing off my meal, I managed to eat Tom and Sara's leftovers as well.  I tried to claim I was eating for two:  me + marathon.  :)

John, Karla, Christopher, me, Joseph, Sara, and Tom.

Saturday I had my last long run of MARATHON TRAINING!!!!  I was supposed to do 8 miles, but because I shifted around my schedule earlier in the week, I had decided on 10.  To put it bluntly:  this run sucked!  I had a fun running buddy for the first 5 miles.  I was such a slow poke and I felt like I was running my booty off.  Blech.  At some point I just resigned to the fact that the run was going to be slow and just went with it.  The last 3 miles in to insane winds didn't help.  But, I always believe that a couple of crappy runs just mean that an awesome one is on the horizon.  Long run = crappy run.  Upcoming marathon = stellar.  :)

Also, one cannot complain about running the end of November in shorts and a t-shirt.  INSANE.

I did 9.16 miles (yes, the fact that I didn't end the run at an even 1/4 mile increment tells you how OVER the run I was :p) in 1:30:59 for a pace of 9:55.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Woooo Vegas is so soon!! Bad last long run = awesome marathon. Or at least it was true for me. :)

I love meet ups!! Also, I'm currently sad I'm not going to Vegas...

Trying To Heal said...

oh man, meetup with people from daily mile!? how fun!!!

and yay for VEGAS SO SOON!!!! you're gonna rock it!

but i'm most jealous of the shirt sand shorts at the end of november...i have snow. and lows in the teens. ew.

Pining for Pinterest said...

Can't believe it is coming up so soon!!! You are going to do amazing :) How fun that you guys met up!

Anonymous said...

nice job on getting the run in even though you felt poopy! YAY for Vegas! Love that town! Rest up this week :)

Jamie said...

you got the run done! and you were able to get the crappy run out of the way before the MARATHON! Vegas is going to be so much fun!

..:danielle:.. said...

1. VEGAS BABY.vegas.
2. i see on your site: "upcoming races- 11/2011- nyc marathon". if that happens.... were sharing a hotel room.
3. LOVE.love.love. my scarf. THANK U!

RunToTheFinish said...

i always think that last long run sucks for some reason, I blame everything on taper really. Man wish I was doing vegas again this year so we could meet up!

Dom and Trey said...

Eating for 2: Me + Marathon will now be my new motto. Thanks!