Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hair Cut

On November 17, 2014 I saved a photo of a gorgeous long bob/lob from Kristin Ess' instagram page. I was obsessed. Obsessed enough to keep it on my phone for the last two years, but not obsessed enough to do anything about acquiring said lob. Until a couple of weeks ago.


I scheduled my hair appointment with my friend and fellow yogi, and as the date got closer I decided just to chop it off. She was shocked but was totally on board with the idea. She started by chopping off a ton so she wasn't wasting her time and color highlighting and coloring hairs that were just going to get hacked off anyway. And immediately there was a medium sized dog's worth of hair on the floor. Blech.

She colored my hair, finished the cut, styled me, and I was obsessed. Full disclosure: I've had my hair short twice in my whole entire life. I hated it BOTH TIMES. Both times were done by less than stellar hairstylists, and both times I had no clue how to style my hair. Both variables led to hair hatred. I knew that Kaitlyn would make me look as cute as she could, but if I didn't like it, my hair grows uber fast, so I wouldn't have to put up with it for long.

Luckily for me, I love it. It's super fun and such a change.


Surely I'll be finding mega long hairs all over the house and my clothes for decades to come though..... :/

No comments: