Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spring Half Marathon Training Week 6

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 8 miles, 6x12 sec uphill, 6x100
Monday Actual: We had a blizzard roll through, so I got to spend some quality time with my husband instead of running.


Tuesday Planned:
 GA 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: The weather was still pretty crazy, and the roads were very icy but I rummaged out my 8 year old pair of yaktrax and managed to get in a little over 3 miles slipping and sliding around. 






Wednesday Planned GA 5 Miles
Wednesday Actual: GA 4.3 miles + GA 5 miles. I got in some miles during the group run, and then Chris and I went out for more miles after yoga.




Thursday Planned
 VO2 Max 9 miles, 6x1000 @ 3k-5k pace 
Thursday Actual: POWER Session 60 minutes + VO2 Max 9 miles, 6x1000 @ 3k-5k pace on a semi-shoveled track.

I had told myself prior to the workout portion that I would shoot for the 5k pace since there were some significant spots (aka the curves) of snow and packed down ice that would be slowly me down. So I was pretty dark excited to see my paces right smack dab in between my goal paces. Special thanks to Chris for maintaining the track so we could get in a track session outdoors!









Friday Planned: Recovery 4 Miles
Friday Actual: I woke up Friday morning and was soooo tired and sooooo sore. Uff da. I was so thankful for some recovery miles (and a mileage goal for the week that got me out the door for said recovery miles). Jessica ran a nice leisurely pace with me for 4.26 miles.






Saturday Planned: Endurance 12 miles
Saturday Actual: Solo long run, 12 miles after teaching yoga. So glad I taught in the morning because the city was a sheet of ice. I was excited to see what my long run pace looks like when the ground isn't covered by snow and ice. This is the first clear long run of the year!






Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: .2 miles. I had planned to do a 5 mile recovery run to hit my 43 mile goal for the week, but my stomach had other ideas. I had a super angry stomach all day long, I attempted my run at 9pm and it just didn't happen. Oh well.





Total Mileage Planned: 43 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  38.12 miles

No comments: