Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Week 3

Monday PlannedGA+Speed 6 miles with 6x100 strides
Monday Actual
GA+Speed 6 miles with 6x100 strides in 86 degrees. This watch face will never get old. Also I need to start charging my iPod for these color runs.




Tuesday Planned:
 Recovery 4 Miles
Tuesday Actual: Rest, foam rolling and core.


Wednesday Planned 9 miles with 2x1200, 2x1000, 2x800 
Wednesday Actual: 60 minute POWER session in the morning, and I was off at noon so I attempted my speed work at the track. Woof. It was so hot and humid, but I was bound and determined to do it. Until I wasn't. It was so hot, and so humid (oh did I already say that??) and there were waves of heat coming off from the black track making the breathing stifling. I did the first two 1200s, and then just had to leave. I was cooking, and burning, and I was a mess. Uff da.






Thursday Planned
 Rest
Thursday Actual
Rest. I considered finishing my workout from Wednesday, but the weather was identical and I wanted to spend some time with Kyle before he went out of town. Also, I was really sick or running by myself. Blah.

Friday Planned: Recovery 3
Friday Actual: I had plans to meet up with Jessica for the coffee run, but woke up to lightning so I went back to bed.


Saturday Planned: Endurance 10 miles
Saturday Actual: 10 mile long run. I woke up to another round of storms, and had to teach yoga mid-morning, so that left 12:30pm as the time to run long. In 80 degrees and a million percent humidity. But I did it! And survived! And check out how salty my hat is. Barf.





Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual
Rest

Total Mileage Planned: 32 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  19.33 miles 

No comments: