Friday, June 15, 2018

Race Goals: Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon

This fall, when we were plotting out our goal races for the spring, I had Brookings half on the schedule as my A goal. When we found out at the Twin Cities expo that for the first time ever, that Grandma's half wasn't going to be a lottery, it didn't take much convincing on my part to get Toni to agree to sign up on our drive home from the cities, post-race. We extra lucked out when 605 Running Co. announced their first ever half marathon, which happened to be enough time before Brookings to have 3 chances to run a really rocking half marathon time this spring.

Leading up to training, I thought that if all the stars aligned, and I stayed strong and healthy throughout training, that maybe I could knock on my half marathon PRs door (1:50:57). I had thought that best case scenario was 1:51-1:52 for my absolute A Goal for the spring. With a couple of aches and pains flaring up, I don't think I'm exactly knocking on PR shape's door, but I won't be mad if I surprise myself.

I really want to run strong in Duluth and have been doing a lot of meditating and visualizing running well and fast. I'm going to work my butt off to hit that sub 1:55 that I know I am capable of right now. Stay tuned or track me Saturday to follow along!




No comments: