Monday, January 19, 2009

Operation: Furnish Apartment Step One: COMPLETE

I've lived in my new apartment for almost 2 months now. For two months I have had a futon (borrowed from the old roomie) and a wooden ex-desk chair for sitting area. When I make fabulous dinners for me and my lover boy, he pulls up the coffee table to the couch and I sit around it. Charming, but not comfortable. And not too terribly sanitary either since the rest of the time we're sitting in the living room, our hooves are on the same coffee table. For some reason I've just been dragging my feet to get furniture.

This weekend I finally got a fire lit under my booty and decided that I've been pinching pennies for the last 4-5 months, and should get to spend a little bit of it. :) So I started hitting craigslist full force again. I've seen about 8 dining room tables that I've l-o-v-e-d over the past 2 months, but have been unable to commit. Until today. There was a super cute, super small (my kitchen is the size of a thimble) table for 60 bones. In less then 4 hours of laying thine eyes on the table, I am now the proud owner. Sigh. Bliss. I can't wait to cook dinner, and gaze longingly into Tay's eyes instead of staring at the tv while we enhale our food.


Now I'm super excited to finish decorating my kitchen before moving on to the living room. My manager is actually a fabulous artist and is going to do a painting for me for my kitchen. I'm doing a vino theme, so I happened to find the most beautiful wine label that she is going to recreate. Then I'll probably do a couple of smaller print outs to frame on the other wall.



Now I have the horrible task of drinking a bunch of wine in hopes of finding some more sweet wine labels. It's a rough job being an interior designer, but I think I'm up for it.

No comments: