Monday, April 23, 2012

Bit By the Bug Yet Again

Perhaps admitting I was in a funk was the cure to getting me out of the funk.  Or perhaps I just admitted I was in one on the tail end of it.  Regardless, no more than a week after admitting to my running friends that I was burned out, and likely taking 2012 off from any marathons, I found myself entering two lotteries....

Nike Women's Marathon



New York City Marathon



The way these things work, is that I'll either get in to both, and have to start selling my body to afford the trips (jk mom!  kinda...) or I'll get in to neither.  And I'm kind of ok with both options.  At the same time that I was being wreckless with my precious monies, I was starting to l-o-v-e running again.  In my second to last week of school of the sememester, I found myself caught up on projects, and even ahead of the game.  Combine that with Kyle being out of town for almost two weeks, and I have SO MUCH FREAKIN' TIME ON MY HANDS.  I've been contemplating doing double days just for funsies (and then I remember that I break... a lot, and put that idea on the back burner).

And as if on cue, my hip hurts this evening after penning this post this morning.  Go figure.  Perhaps some ice cream will cure it.  BRB rehabbing.

4 comments:

Susan said...

NYC NYC NYC. fingers and toes crossed until wednesday. typing is hard...

meganmnelson said...

Can't wait to find out about NWM! This may end up being the longest week ever...

Allison said...

Sounds fun! Both of those are races I'd like to do someday. And please don't break yourself. ;)

Jordan said...

Welcome back! Hope the hip is just kidding around...