Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tuesday Date Night Sanford POWER

This November, I've started a new addition to my training schedule: Tuesday night dates with Sanford POWER. Myself and about 20 other women runners in the area meet for an hour and are taken through runner-specific drills and lifts to help with injury prevention and increase running efficiency and form. 

It's SO MUCH FUN! The first night I was so incredibly nervous, but by the time the hour was up, I felt like an athlete again leaving practice for the night. Shocking fact: you can't push yourself as hard as someone else can push you. The trainers are all incredibly knowledgeable and do a great job of demoing the moves and explaining what they'll help with.

I had to coerce co-workers into swapping many many evenings with me so that I could make this work into my training schedule, and I'm so thankful that they were flexible so I could have this opportunity! I'm excited to see how it helps my running this spring.


No comments: