Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Anxiety Over Goals

Did anyone else have a rough start to 2019 and already has anxiety over your mileage goal for the year? Or is it just me?! I had planned to kick off the year with 9 miles, and then the conditions were atrocious. I managed 6.73 at about a minute per mile slower than I typically run. Wednesday I got in 4.15 miles on the iciest, slickest, scariest conditions I've ever run on. And then I didn't run the rest of the week because I was over the ice and didn't want to fall.

AND I'M SO FAR BEHIND WHERE I SHOULD BE ALREADY.

Ugh.

I know it'll even out once real training kicks off, and one week doesn't make or break a goal, but I really wanted to shoot for ~30 miles per week when I'm not training for races to keep up some quality training. I guess that goal should be modified during weeks of extreme weather. Why do I live in the midwest again??

At least this week is a new week, and so far so good!


No comments: