Thursday, March 20, 2014

St. Patricks Day Shenanigans

My favorite holiday has come and gone. So long! Farewell! Auf Wiedersehen! (<--I had to look that up to spell it correctly). Our city celebrated the holiday on Saturday so I was sure to have that day off from work to help the city celebrate!

I started off the day with the 5k, that I wrote about previously. And then I went home to stand in the shower for hours to warm up. I'm normally the warmest runner in the history of warm runners, but when I get cold, it takes me hours to warm up. I think I have a poor bodily thermostat. :/

Jenn and I met up downtown to watch the parade, and as we arrived at our lunch meetup, it started to snow. And kept on snowing through the duration of the parade. Sideways snow, no less. Thanks monster wind gusts! We ended up snagging a table at a restaurant near the window so we could watch it from indoors. Which is great, because I wore flats without socks and may have gotten frostbite on my feet. Derp. Tom joined us later in the afternoon.


She's fast and pretty. 


Tom & Jeri.


Our eyes look slightly satanic in this picture, but it's the only one of my head to toe green, so plz deal with it.

Once the parade was over, in record timing, I met up with TJ and his lady friend Katie at an Irish bar.


Where I may have found a few of these guys.

(Which I later learned I'm allergic to, or so I think.... uff)

Me and TJ. We tend to dress alike, and I swear I have an almost identical flannel. And glasses. And chucks. TWINSIES!

After we were bored there, we headed to a different bar to watch one of Katie's friend's bands. I dunno if this is the Guinness talking, or not, but I thought they were pretty good!


These guys are sham-rockin! (<--Yeah, I went there)

Me and Katie. I was wearing enough green that she didn't have to.

And after a long day of work, this guy showed up to keep me company (and give me a safe ride home).

Don't worry, I'm still going strong in wearing green everyday to work this month. Tuesday was the first day I did. not. want. to. do. it. but still did anyway.


No comments: