Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bemidji Cabin Weekend

My race weekend started on Thursday. Kyle worked until noon, so I got to spend the morning running errands. And somehow managed to sneak in a manicure appointment and a trip to my favorite coffee shop. Hashtag priorities.


When Kyle was finally off work, I somehow managed to convince him to take me through the Starbucks drive thru for MOAR COFFEE PLZ and Ollie enjoyed the long long drive thru line.

Poor Ollie didn't realize she wasn't coming along with us, so she was really mad when we dropped her off with Kyle's brother for the weekend. Even though she loves her uncle.

The drive was long and boring, and I made a crucial and poor decision to deviate from the pre-determined dinner plan (I researched all nearby restaurants and menus for hours before the weekend, I heart food), and it ended up being a bust. Except for this monster beer. They were joking when they said tall. Geez.


We got to our lake cabin resort after dark, so we ended up just going to our cabin and playing some card games. At what felt like midnight, I told Kyle we had to crash so I could get some rest. Only to realize it was actually 9:15. Whoa, it gets dark out in the wilderness.

The next morning I woke up before the sun and had to snag some pics of the fog rolling over the lake.



Life goals: lake cabin.

Kyle and I set out to explore some of the surrounding communities, but not before some selfies on the dock. Obvs.




On our way to a sporting goods store (per Kyle's request, obviously), I had an inkling that Paul Bunyan was nearby and I made Kyle stop and take a picture with me.


After grabbing lunch, I decided we should do some more driving and head to Bemidji to the expo. The race started so late, I was planning to just pick up my bib the morning of the race.

I'm really thankful we went, because I was much more relaxed race morning knowing I was ready to go.

You all know how Saturday went, since a late start marathon and a slow time means that the race was all.i.did.all.day.long.

Sunday I sucked it up and walked down the giant staircase down to the dock to catch the sunrise. And my mom snapped this pic of us down there. Precious.


Sweet wooden "medal"(?) over the water during the sunrise.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh wow, this looks perfect! Those pictures of the lake are beautiful. Also, I love that the medal is wooden!!