Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Weekly Reads: Finding Audrey

I've been a fan of Sophie Kinsella since I picked up my first shopaholic book in college. So when I saw she was writing her YA debut,
Finding Audrey, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was really wrapped up in the story, and was really intrigued by her portrayal of her mental illness. At the end, I felt like it was lacking... something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's because I've been reading a lot of YA mental illness books that are so very dark and haunting. Who knows. Definitely worth a read!

My rating: 3.5 stars.

Summary from goodreads:

An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.

No comments: