Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Honeymoon: Green Bay

I woke up the Sunday after our wedding with the typical (or so I've heard) post-wedding blues. Until I realized that I was going to see the Packers play at Lambeau Field for Monday Night Football the VERY NEXT DAY.

We got a really late start to Green Bay on Sunday. I had planned for us to be on the road by 10am. Six hours later......
 
We didn't get to our hotel until 12:30pm and we were exhausted. Luckily I got to watch the Blood Moon eclipse the entire drive to Green Bay. 

Monday we woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Kyle hightailed it off to some bait shop while I got ready for our day. He wanted to have the infamous cheese curd burger that I had the last time I was in Green Bay, so I obliged. For a 7pm football game, there was already $20 parking at the restaurant we went to. 

I ordered a beer, even though it late morning, I still got a beer, and the server asked why Kyle wasn't having a big kid soda. When in Green Bay, man.....
 
   
A whole page of Wisconsin brewed beers? ahhh.....
Buffalo and bleu cheese cheese curds. Good god.

I made Kyle take a picture with this giant beer can because it's his favorite kind of beer (yuck).
Next we went to the cheap-ish Packers/Wisconsin store near the stadium. Last time I was here I discovered this place AFTER i spent way too much at the Packers Pro Shop. I almost had Kyle convinced to buy this Badgers zip up. #babysteps
Next up: Titletown Brewery!

 
The restaurant was full, so we went over to the tasting room which was stellar. Why don't I have my own brewery? I enjoyed a delicious flight, and even found a light beer for Kyle to enjoy. The actual bar was broken beer bottles in resin over the top. So cool.

The events manager took us up to the recently opened upper bar so we could see the view from up there. They recently started doing weddings there, and the mayor's daughter used it for her wedding reception. #jealz
From there we went tailgaiting, but the game will be a separate post (this should not be shocking). Tuesday morning, we went back to Lambeau to say goodbye to my buddies before we were on our way to Door County.




I tried to justify a life sized wall hanging of Aaron Rodgers, but couldn't quite do it. I did manage to come under budget with my Packers Pro Shop purchases though, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

One last pic before we left the atrium.
Bye bud!
Until next time Vince!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Aren't beer flights the best? Yes, yes, they are.