Wednesday, January 10, 2018

F^3 Lake Half Marathon Training Week 7

Week of January 1-7

Monday PlannedGA + Speed 8 miles 2 sets 4x150
Monday Actual: GA 8 miles. It was -17 with the windchill, and I thought I was actually going to die out on the trail once my sweat froze. The trail was super snowy, so we just focused on 8 miles with no pick ups. Good enough on a legit winter day like that!






Tuesday PlannedRest
Tuesday Actual: Spent the day being my dad's uber driver and emotional support companion as he had cataract surgery. And then I went to work. It was actually nice enough to run in the middle of the day. I think we went over zero degrees for the first time in over 80 hours! yaaaaaaaas.


Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 7 miles
Wednesday Actual: 6.5 General Aerobic miles. We kind of ran out of time to get in the full 7, as we did some miles before the group run, and I have to be back early enough after the actual group run to change out of 17 layers of clothes so I don't freeze to death while teaching yoga. 



Toni gets the most amazing snowflake lashes, and I'm hella jealous. Mine melt as soon as I stop running. Rude.


Thursday Planned: LT 10 miles middle 5 at LT

Thursday Actual: Woof. This was a challenge. We did a 3 mile warm up, and it was cold. -1 I think, but I maybe should've wore warmer tights. I decided we should do our tempo miles by effort and not worry about pace as there was significant snow and ice on the route still. So thankful that was the game plan. We had to run on the road for a huge section as there was a foot of snow drifted on the entire sidewalk. Kudos to those cars that moved over into the other lane when they saw us coming. Giant middle finger for those vehicles that opted to let us jump into said snow drift instead of getting over. Toni struggled a bit during the tempo miles as she's been feeling under the weather, but I felt like the energizer bunny go go go-ing. Then during the cool down miles, I wanted to take a nap, but Toni kept my brain from thinking about being done by telling me all the stories. We're stronger together. FO SHO.



This is the angle that I need to crane my neck for you to maybe see the snowflake lashes that only exist on my left eye. No it didn't work, yes it made for a comical photo.


Friday Planned
Recovery 3 miles 4x100
Friday Actual: We opted to skip the coffee run because the forecast was -17 and that's too cold. And then I woke up early because of my husband's incessant snoring and it was -4. I was so annoyed. As the day went on I was so incredibly sore that I was okay skipping the run.

Saturday PlannedEndurance 10 miles
Saturday Actual: Due to the cold weather and wind, we opted to move our long run to Sunday.

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: 10 miles endurance after work. We traipsed 10 miles around town after I got done working. It was good, the miles flew by, and we were barely wearing any layers, because IT WAS POSITIVE DEGREES OUT. yaaaaas!


Total Mileage Planned: 38 Miles
Total Mileage Actual: 34.6 miles

No comments: