Friday, April 27, 2018

USATF Outdoor Championships

In January it was announced that the USATF Outdoor Championships was going to be held in Des Moines, IA this year again. In 2013, my mom and I went to spectate in a trillion degrees and had so much fun! Minus the part where our hotel was sold out and Orbitz oversold their rooms and we didn't have anywhere to stay. Ugh. Still not over that.



Anyway, as soon as I heard the news, I made it my personal mission to make my way back there to watch and cheer on the Bowerman Track Club. After getting to spectate the Boston Marathon and meet my marathon idol, Desi, it's now my personal mission to meet as many of the #bowermanbabes as I can.

wannabe #bowermanbabe
I had to finagle my work schedule, and beg my boss for the Friday off, but I have a hotel room and cannot wait until June. Who else is going to be there and wants to geek out with me?!?!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Woot! My buddies and I will be in the first row by the finish line. It should be great! Apparently DSM has USATFs next year, too.

Sorry to hear about the horrible hotel snafu last time, but if misfortune strike, you're welcome to our guest room.