Friday, July 20, 2018

2018 Goals Check In

We are over halfway through the year (when did that happen?!?), so it's probably time to check in on my goals for 2018 to see where I'm at.




Running
  • Run 1400 miles.--I'm slightly behind on this goal. This was my BIG mileage goal that hinged on staying 100% healthy for the year. At the end of June, I was a little behind the goal to hit 1200 for the year. Hopefully a strong healthy cycle of marathon training will make 1400 a possibility again, but I won't risk injury to hit it, so TBD!
  • Run 100 miles each month.--Womp womp. March and June didn't happen due to some cranky knee issues.
  • Run a Sub 1:55 half.--Not this spring, but I still have another shot in Dallas in December. I can say with all the confidence in the world that I was in shape to run under 1:55 for Grandma's, and that is a huge statement.
  • Run a marathon PR. (EEPS!)--TBD.

Life

  • Rescue another pug.--I tried really hard to make this work in April and had my heart broken.
  • Read 150 books.--On track! 
  • Do a check in with a nutritionist to reign in my fueling for BIG RUNNING GOALS.--I need to give Lizzie a call!

Yoga

  • Re-establish my meditation practice.--YES! 
  • Take 1-2 trainings toward my 500 hour certification.--maybe one this fall.

No comments: