Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 4

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 6 miles with 8x100
Monday Actual: GA+Speed 6 miles with 5 or 6 strides with the TRF.





Tuesday Planned: LT 10 miles with 5 @ 15k-HM pace
Tuesday Actual: 8 GA/recovery Miles. Uff da. I did my 3 mile warm up and my legs felt just heavy. My breathing was all over the place, it was super humid and I was very congested. The combination was bleh. I started the tempo portion and almost immediately threw in the towel. I opted to skip the tempo parts. Then I decided to cut 2 miles off of it. And then I had to take walk breaks the last 3.5 miles. They can't all be unicorn runs!


Wednesday Planned 4 miles recovery
Wednesday Actual: 3 miles recovery after a 60 minute POWER session.





Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest. Sweet sweet rest. With some foam rolling before bed.


Friday Planned: Long 18 miles
Friday Actual: Long run 18 miles! Toni was back (!!!) so we got to spend 3 awesome hours running together. My stomach was a mess, and her knee started to bother her with 3 miles to go, but it was great to get out for that long of a run. Historically, 18 milers have always sucked for me, so it was good to feel strong for this one, despite a stomach that wasn't quite cooperating.






Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Ressssssssst.


Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Recovery run 3.2 miles. Felt a lot better than I expected it to! And I found a quarter on the run, so I'm basically a professional runner who gets paid to run now.




Total Mileage Planned: 38 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  38.2 miles

No comments: