Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Weekly Reads: Runaways Vol 1 Find Your Way Home

I will read anything that Rainbow Rowell is a part of. Full stop. I didn't totally freak out when it was announced that she was doing the graphic novel for Runaways, partially because I didn't really know what Runaways was/is. But you can be sure that I was the first to get my library's copy when it came in! And it did not disappoint! I would highly recommend to graphic novel fans, and those that aren't!

My rating: 4

Summary from goodreads:

The "IT" book of the early 2000s with the original cast is back--Nico! Karolina! Molly! Chase! Old Lace! And, could it be...GERT?! 

The heart of the Runaways died years ago, but you won't believe how she returns! Superstar author Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park, Carry On) makes her Marvel debut with fan-favorite artist Kris Anka (ALL-NEW X-MEN, CAPTAIN MARVEL) in the series that will shock you and break your heart! Did Chase and Gert's love survive their time apart? Have Karolina and Nico's feelings made their friendship impossible? What emotional landmines lie in wait to DESTROY the Runaways?!

No comments: