Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 2

Monday Planned: GA 5 miles
Monday Actual: Rest, foam rolling.


Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: 3 easy miles after work with a couple of walk breaks in the third mile since I started waaaaaaay too fast. Oops.




Wednesday Planned 4th of July 10k
Wednesday Actual: Obviously racing a 10k or even a 5k wasn't in the plans given the past week of running. I went and hung out with the 605 crew during the parade and then went out for 4 miles. I ran two which felt hard and awkward and my quads were so tight, and at the turn around I realized that nothing I could do to activate my glutes were working, so I opted to walk the two miles in instead of aggravating my knee again.


After the run I did some band walks up and down the driveway while Kyle was washing the cars. 

Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: 5 miles with strides. AFTER band walks. These made a world of difference. My legs felt like belonged to a different human. Phew.







Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: 4 recovery miles at the coffee run. Stepping up my band work game pre-run as clamshells are no longer cutting it, and that seems to be doing the trick to keeping the butt working and the knee pain gone. Very thankful to have figured this out today than in ten weeks!




Saturday Planned: Med-long 14 miles (hilly)
Saturday Actual: 14 mile long run, sans hills. My running buddy and I had a miscommunication which lead to her joining me for the first ten miles instead of the last ten miles, and that through a wrench into my plan, so we did 14 on the trails, nice and flat.





Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Rest. I strongly considered going out and walk running 2-3 miles to get in my planned miles for the week, but quickly remembered that I wasn't able to run at all a week ago, so I probably shouldn't push my luck. Derp.


Total Mileage Planned: 32 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  30.38 miles

No comments: