Tuesday, May 5, 2009

the key to an "easy" run pace.....

....is biking for 11 miles the day before a run when you haven't biked for over 2 months.  Oh well, at least it got my legs to slow down.  My mind still thinks that any run 3 miles or less should be done FAST because it's a short run, and I like to go FAST.  Well the heavy heavy legs were not allowing that.  Seriously my quads seemed to weigh a hundred pounds and have no strength or energy to propel my body forward.  I did an easy 3 miles in 27:09 at 9:03 pace.  My Garmin is in my bag, so I'm going to try to recall my splits from memory, please don't add them in case they don't add up (I've had 2 Dos Equis [AHHHH Dos - Dos Equis....ooooh too funny]) in celebration of Cinco de Mayo and do not feel like doing simple mental math.  :)
  1. 9:11
  2. 8:57
  3. 9:00
Did anyone watch Biggest Loser tonight? Ok I'm sure everyone did.  Did anyone else cry when every finalist crossed the finish line?  Because I sure did.  :)  Oooh, so excited for next week's episode.  In other exciting news, I remembered watching the season that Ali had one and being bummed that she weighed 20 lbs. less than me.  Well now we're the same (or I'm the same weight she was when she won the show) yay for no more squishy-Jeri.  :)

In other exciting, I-look-like-a-12-year-old-news, tonight the bf and I went to Chevy's to get some chips and queso to go along with our Dos Equis.  Taylor has to work super early, 5:30am, so going out was out of the question.  After my run I threw on sweats and went over to his place, because I didn't feel like messing with my bangs, I threw on one of his hats.  They had a police officer carding people to get into the "bar" side, which is where we needed to go to place our order, and he almost didn't let me in to the bar.  Argh.  I turn 26 this year...come on dude.  He even made the comment, "hmm kind of looks like you're trying to hide under that hat..."  To which I replied, ya it's because I look like poop.  And "don't worry we're just getting chips and cheese, and I KNOW I look old enough to do that."  Probably a good thing I didn't get arrested.  :p  jk.

I REALLY should stay up a little longer to upload a new playlist on my iPod but I'm just too darn tired, or the beer just made me tired, so I guess tomorrow's run will be day 12310239805098 of listening to Pink's Funhouse and Kelly Clarkson's All I Ever Wanted mix.  AHHHHH!  I may have ruined these CD's for my listening pleasure.  :(  Stupid lazy me.  :(

4 comments:

Mica said...

No worries, I got carded for an R-rated movie last summer. I almost said, "Would you like me to bring out my college diploma?"

J said...

I dont usually watch the biggest loser but I just happened to watch it last night and I definitely teared up when they all crossed the finish line!! Congrats on losing the weight! That is such a great accomplishment!

Unknown said...

I got annoyed at Biggest Loser last season, so I haven't been watching this season much but I did watch last night. I definitely teared up watching them cross the finish line. I think it would have been a lot more fun for the contestants, but probably harder to film, for them to run an actual marathon with other runners. Just out of curiosity, how did you lose 20lbs...any pointers? I'd love to be not squishy myself:)

Aron said...

just getting caught up :) great job on all your runs girl!! you are doing great!!

yes watched the BL last night... awesome episode :)