Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do the weekends fly by?

This weekend seemed to just zip on by.  After the race, we came back to take a well-deserved nap.  Unfortunately I was on a ridiculous runners high and almost went and ran another 3 miles to tire myself out.  Instead I cleaned a little bit, and then the exhaustion hit me like a wall (I had about 4 hours of sleep, and it was very restless sleep at that).  When we finally woke up I had a delicious post-race celebrtaion meal of shrimp fajitas from Chevy's.....YUM.  I thought about a margarita, but realized it would probably zonk me out again.

Saturday night, Taylor played in an alumni basketball game to raise money for a family with some serious medical bills.  It was fun seeing him in his HS jersey, yes I am a jersey chaser at heart.  Ha.  After the game, we went out for a drink and then back to town with a couple of his high school friends.  It ended up being a fun night and I managed to get the two worst pick up lines ever AND in the same night.  SCORE.  Taylor just thinks it's funny when guys hit on me, and rarely steps in to save me.  Sweet life love.

Sunday we went to Taylor's mom's for an amazing brunch and lounging around.  Then we came back to his place to lounge somewhere.  The theme of Sunday was truly lounge and I loved it.  However, my quads were sore.  Not tired/tight, but downright sore.  A couple of minutes after the race ended on Saturday my right quad seized up on me, and apparently this was the remnants.  I decided to go for a 4-6 mile recovery run, depending on how horrible the legs felt.  The first mile was pretty rough, but picked up pretty well after that.  I ended up doing 5 mostly because I was STARVING and looking forward to the leftover shrimp fajitas.  :)
1.  9:25
2.  9:30
3.  9:20
4.  9:17
5.  8:50
We tried to watch a couple of movies post run/shower, but man I was just exhausted.  10pm I was out like a light.  There really isn't a better way to spend a Sunday then a lazy day with the one you love.  Wait.  Scratch that.  I'd rather spend a Sunday at the water park on the lazy river with the lover boy.  Summer cannot come soon enough!!!

Oh.  And I'm bummed, I don't think there were photos for the race on Saturday.  And stupid me, forgot to charge my batteries, so the camera was dead.  We're 0-2 on race photos.  Time #1 with exploding gu on camera and time #2 dead batteries.  Sad day.  :(

P.S.  Special thanks to Kristin at ChasRunner for helping me fix my race photos on the side of my blog.  I've spent waaay too much time redoing it incorrectly, so I'm glad she shared some of her blogger smarts with me.  :)

4 comments:

J said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! Hope your quads are less sore now! The day after a race can be weird when all the random aches and pains come out!

Jamie said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend! I love Chevy's shrimp fajitas :)

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

I love lazy weekends! My favorite way to spend it is on the beach though! (Preferably post-run, with beers, food, friends, and other boys who will play horsehoes with my boy so I can lounge :)

No prob! I'm glad it helped, I was responding from my iPhone so I was worried it would sound jumbled! There are a ton of blogger widgets you can use to add stuff. It's fun to play around!

I think you're right about the 5k, gonna try another one soon...just gotta push myself back into speed work!

Unknown said...

The new pics on the side look great!