Monday, May 18, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I love me a good weekend.  :)  Friday I had planned on spending a quiet relaxing night in, since Tay had day 1 of a 2-day bachelor party to attend.  Lucky for me, day 1 ended up falling through, so I got to have some fun instead.  We went out, met up with some other friends, and ended up having a boy slumber party at the bf's house.  Haha.  I think some serious nachos were inhaled post-bar.  Yikes.

Saturday...sucked.  Since I had originally planned on having a lowkey evening, I had planned on getting up EARLY to go run.  Um.  That didn't happen.  Instead we laid in bed.  After Tay and I parted ways, my BFF came to town and we had a completely girly day.  I haven't had a girly girl day in a long, long time, so it was awesome.  We went to lunch, shopped, and got pedicures.  It doesn't get much girlier than that.  :)  Apparently I'm a failure as a chica because this was only my second pedi.  And my first was a gift for Xmas last year.  Hah.  Oh well.  My tootsies are CUTE.

After my bff left, I had to get my run in.  3 miles, fast.  I decided to run it and let my legs determine what felt fast.  25:42 for a pace of 8:34.  That's at the tail end of my tempo pace, so I guess we'll file that under the "fast" column.
1.  8:48
2.  8:43
3:  8:09

After my run I made an amazing sandwich:  grilled pepper jack cheese with turkey and avocado.  OMG.  I could eat this sandwich every day for the rest of my life.  Saturday night I snuggled up in my bed to watch Twilight, again.  Because I'm twelve and in love with a vampire.  HA, speaking of, I had a dream the other night that Taylor got bit by a vampire and my first thought was, "awesome, vampires are sexy!"  Weirdo.

Sunday morning roughly 10 hours after my previous run, I was doing it again.  I never do night time runs, except Thursday nights (Fridays are rest days).  It was rough.  Yikes.  My calves were tight.  My quads were heavy.  And it was windy.  I had 5 miles to do, and kind of just slugged my way through them.  5 miles in 46:38 for a pace of 9:20.  Blah.
1.  9:26
2.  9:48
3.  9:37
4.  9:22
5.  8:22

Sunday was spent lounging with Taylor as he was recovering from the bachelor party he went to all day before.  I love a good lounge day, and it's a great way to end a great weekend.


4 comments:

Kim said...

I love lounging after a run on a Sunday. I always feel like I deserve it so much more than when I am just lounging... (not after a run).

Great 3-miler and 5-miler! :)

Jamie said...

It took me awhile to go get the pedicures too now I'm hooked! Sounds like a nice weekend lounging around :) And great job on the 3 and 5 milers!

J said...

I am a failure as a girl too cause I have only had like 3 pedicures! They really make your feet look good though!! Great job on the runs! Sounds like a good weekend!

Mica said...

The nails look nice!

Nice runs this weekend, too.