Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Running Buddy? I wish. :)

I forgot to mention two things that should've been highlights to my previous post.


Highlight 1: When I got home from running Thursday night, I walked in on a shirtless Taylor doing push ups. AGAIN. Yay me. But that's not the highlight (ok, partial highlight for sure). I decided I would do some push ups also. I did 10 in a row without a break. Whoo! After I got done, he said that they looked so strong that I could do more. So when he started his next set, I did 15 without stopping. I've NEVER done 15 push ups in a row, especially after 10. I was super proud of me.


Highlight 2: I had asked Taylor to join me for a couple of miles on my 8 mile run on Monday, but he didn't want to. When I got home he was mowing and called me as soon as he was done. He was bummed that I was done running. He was planning on surprising me on the bike trail to run the last bit of my run with me. Unfortunately he underestimated my speediness. Hopefully the mood strikes him again in the near future, because a cute running buddy is just what I need. :)


On to the current. Yesterday I had an easy 3 mile run to do. Usually I have a rest/yoga/abs/push ups day after my long runs, but because I didn't get my lazy butt to run until Monday, I already expended my rest day. My legs were tired, to say the least. I just took the run slow, my hamstrings were REALLY tight after the first mile, so I slowed up a lot and just enjoyed the run. Total time 28:47 for a pace of 9:36. For the first time, ever, I think. I posted all positive splits. Go me. :)


1. 9:28
2. 9:33
3. 9:45





Tonight I had a 35 minute tempo run to do. Since I now know what paces I should be shooting for to do my tempo runs in, I was kind of excited for this one. Plus I had the extra incentive to run fast so I could get to Tay's softball games. I had planned to do 1 mile warm up 9:30-10 mm and then 3 tempo miles from 8:20-8:30.


1. 9:51 warm-up
2. 8:45 whoops. I wasn't dying after this, and it actually felt like a pretty comfortable pace. Double whoops.
3. 8:22 Ran a lot harder on this one. 4. 8:14 Felt like I was flying on this one, especially the last 1/2 mile.



What I learned from this run: I really suck at consistent pacing. That will be my goal as I move in to half marathon training.


The softball games were fun, they won their first one just minutes after I arrived, and the second one they lost.

The T-Bagz star pitcher.

5 comments:

Mica said...

15 pushups? I'm totally impressed!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Yeah awesome job on the push ups!! I don't think I can do even one.

Jealous about the fact that he is GOING to run with you, I've been trying that for 2 years now :(

J said...

push ups are so good for your muscles! I have been having trouble with the tempo runs too. They are tricky...especially when you have to run them on hilly terrain like I have been doing!

Jamie said...

Yay on the pushups!!!

I suck at pacing myself too! Tempo runs are my nemesis.

Kim said...

15 in a row! WOO HOO!!!

I was around my family this weekend, and one day my sister rode her bike while I was running. It was fun to have the company, but it must have been so slow and boring for her!