Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bemidji Blue Ox Marathon Training Recap Week 7

Week 7 was a recovery week, and thank goodness for that. After running my first 20 miler of the training cycle, as well as my highest weekly mileage thus far of training, I was ready for a break. And apparently so was my body. I started off the week being exhausted and fighting off a cold/allergies. Sinus headaches, congestion, nasal drainage while I slept. Blech.

I skipped two of my runs for the week, totaling 15 miles.

Friday I worked a split shift at work, and hit the bike trails during the lunch hour for 8 miles. I was way under-fueled, and it was hot, and I tried to quit 2 miles in to the run. I even started for home, and then felt better, so I turned back around and kept running. The run got better

Saturday I was tempted to squeeze in one of the missed runs, but ultimately decided not to. I did do core work. And I did Thursday too! Getting back to a routine!

Sunday I went out for another 8 miles. Before I started, I did my glute exercises in my apartment and was having troubles catching my breath. Ugh. Outside was much much worse. Not being able to breathe out of your nose, and running in 80% humidity is not awesome. I AGAIN, tried to quit my run at 2.5 miles. Instead I slowed waaaaaay down, and told myself I could stop at the water fountains to cool myself down. I also had some magical farmer blows that cleared out my sinuses a bit to help my breathing. 

No comments: