Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Ocean View Half Marathon Training Week 3

Week of October 16-22

Monday Planned
General aerobic 7 miles
Monday Actual: Sick day, no running. All the sleep and rest. And an epsom bath.




Tuesday Planned: General aerobic 7 miles
Tuesday Actual
Rest, my left hip was bothering me. :( Foam rolling helped!

Wednesday Planned: VO2 Max 8 Miles, 2 sets 2x1200, 1x800 @ 3k-5k
Wednesday Actual: We moved around the speed session because Toni had Wednesday night commitments. I did an easy 3.5 miles before a nice relaxing yin/restorative yoga class. My hips were happy with the yoga!




Thursday Planned: Rest

Thursday Actual: Toni couldn't make it for the track session, so I was on my own. Eeps! I did a 1 mile warm up than attempted the workout of VO2 Max 8 Miles, 2 sets 2x1200, 1x800 @ 3k-5k. I shocked myself with the paces I ran, but ended up cutting the second 1200 in set 2 out. I was starving, and I could feel my form start to suffer, so I opted to cut it short. I ended up with 6.5 miles for the day and enjoyed the heck out of a long epsom bath after the run.




Friday Planned: Recovery 4x100 strides
Friday Actual: 4 Miles recovery. 0 strides. Coffee run! I got to run with Elizabeth and Wilbur. Toni overslept. Do you guys remember when I had a BRF? Because it's been 5 days. Dear Diary, I miss my running buddy.


I love fall running. I do not love that this sunrise pic was 75 minutes AFTER we had finished our run.


Saturday Planned: Endurance 12 Miles
Saturday Actual: Fail. No miles, all the wind, and a wussy Gerber.

Sunday Planned: Rest/Travel Day
Sunday Actual
Rest/Travel Day



Total Mileage Planned: 36 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 

No comments: