Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Twin Cities 10 Training Week 12

Week of September 25-October 1

Monday Planned: Race pace + speed 7 miles 4x100, 2 miles @ 10k pace

Monday Actual: Unplanned rest day. We were celebrating our anniversary in the evening, and I could not make myself get out of bed to do the run. My stomach was super upset all night. Oops. oh well. 

Tuesday Planned
Recovery 3 miles 
Tuesday Actual: Another rest day. I had every intention of doing Monday's run Tuesday morning, and it just didn't happen. Oh well.


Wednesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 4 miles  
Wednesday ActualGeneral Aerobic 3.5 miles with the group run aka with Toni. Chris joined us toward the end. I didn't look at the pace at all but it ended up SPEEDY.

Thursday Planned
POWER + Recovery 5 miles  
Thursday ActualPOWER + General Aerobic 5 miles. For some reason my legs were super tired after POWER, so my glutes (lol my MacBook autocorrected to gluten) weren't firing at all, causing some over striding and IT band discomfort. Barf, not ideal for race week. I finally stopped around mile 4 and did some glute activation leg lifts which helped a lot. Followed by some foam rolling when I got home.


Friday Planned: Rest
Friday Actual
Recovery 3 miles with the coffee run. We kept it super easy and it was awesome to run on a nice chilly morning. The coffee after is always a plus.


Saturday Planned
Recovery 3 Miles 4x100
Saturday ActualRecovery 3 Miles along the 10k/5k course. All the hills.


Sunday PlannedTwin Cities 10 Mile Race
Sunday ActualTwin Cities 10 Mile Race, except I suck at tangents so I hit 10.11 miles. Race report to come soon!!



Total Mileage Planned: 32 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 26.4 miles,  which is suspiciously close to a marathon. But like... over 5 days instead of 4-5 hours.

No comments: