Running and Fitness
- Break 4 hours in the marathon
- Run a sub 1:50 half marathon
- Run a 5k in 22:xx
- Become a mentally tough runner
- Practice yoga more regularly (either alone or at a studio)
- Find new running buddies!
- Stay injury free
- Run 1600 miles for the year
- Lift regularly (regularly is a loose term here FYI)
- Get in to a Master's program for Library Science
- Join a book club
- Join a Stitch and Bitch group
- (I swear to God it's harder to meet chickies to be friends with than it is to find boys to date.... where are all the good ladies at?!?!? :p)
- Continue to find fun crafty ways to utilize my creative side
- No more truck driver mouth (no offense to any (?) truck drivers who may read my blog)
- Take more photos (rekindle photo project: Project 52!)
- Average more scarf sales per month than in 2010
- Live and love life
Well wouldn't you know it, as soon as I'm by myself (thank GOD!) and hustling to get to my car I EAT $#!t hardcore. We're talking my 120 pound frame coming down on that solid sheet of ice as if I were a 330 pound linebacker. Naturally my left hip (precious precious hip that I've had issues with for roughly 13-14 years now) took the major brunt of the fall. I totally get how old people break their hips! Sweet jesus. Monday morning I realized my thigh was in pain as well. Monday afternoon rolled around and I could barely move my left arm/shoulder. You know that deep muscle pain you have when you get a shot in your arm? (I'm thinking that horrible meningitis shot I had to get pre-college enrollment... OUCH!) That's what my arm feels like. Anyway, I opted to take a rest day on Monday since I had to have someone help me into and out of my zip up hoody. Oy.
Today I figured my arm couldn't hurt any worse, and perhaps the run would loosen it up. I did an easy 5 miler on the treadmill at the gym because it's still balls cold out. I am getting really good at reading while running at a slower pace. I've knocked out 3 magazines cover to cover at the gym over the last 9 miles. I think it's just a matter of time before I break down and by myself the Nook!!! I can't wait. But really... I will. Because... money doesn't grow on trees and all... plus I kind of spoiled myself already for Christmas/birthday.
I did 5 miles in 47:40 for a pace of 9:32.
And just because.... I found this pic on my camera. Apparently I carried my camera with me on a day where the snow was falling all beautiful like. I look pretty joyous in the picture, but I can't for the life of me remember when it was taken.... the treadmill is eating my soul.... and brain.