My favorite New York runner and blogger Susan posted a blog about her current "obsessions." And I thought it was super duper fun and wanted to follow suit. :) Plus I always love me a good list. So here goes....
Jeopardy. I've always been a huge fan of Jeopardy. As a kid our family would watch it every single day before dinner time. When we get together for holidays, you'd better believe it's a battle of the brains. It's not nearly as fun to play without some solid competition, so I'm glad that KK is up for the challenge (and subsequent defeat) lately.
Lists. I guess I mentioned above that I'm a bit "list-happy" and it's no joke. I'm in the process of creating a 101 in 1001 list, I loved crafting my 2011 goals, and I'm obsessing over a 101 books to read before you die list I recently found. Which brings me to another obsession...
Goodreads. Being the booknerd that I am, it's fun to see what my other booknerdy friends are reading/enjoying/hating etc. Please find me and friend me so we can be nerdtastic together.
Stripes. I've always been a stripes fan, but recently went a little bit overboard on my shopping trip with Jenn in Houston. We're talking 4 new striped sweaters: grey/white, grey/white, grey/white, and grey/yellow. Look out... variety!!!
Green. Always. Obvs.
Roxette's Dangerous. I've been jammin' out to this song one too many times the last few days.
Taking myself outside of my comfort zone. Ok, this is not something I'm obsessesd with because I loathe being outside my comfort zone, but I'm obsessed with the idea of doing so. One of my goals for 2011 was to be more social, so I'm going to make myself attend some local book club meetings. I know it'll be awesome, but the insane anxiety I'll have all day leading up to it will be obnoxious.
Buffalo chicken __________. Pizza, bites, whatever, you put buffalo chicken in front of the word and I'm allll over it. Mmmmm.
Ice cream. Per usual. I tweeted about needing ice cream for productive studying this weekend, and before I knew it there was a cute boy at my door bearing my favorite (ok, one of my favorites, who could have just one?!?!!?) kind. Granted I may have texted him the same info that I tweeted as he doesn't have twitter, but let's ignore that part. Mmmm ice cream. FYI that half gallon was gone on Monday. Nbd.
My Packers snuggie. It's legit freeeeeeeeeezing in my office right now. I downloaded an app that tells the current internal pressure, and I've clocked it at 54 degrees. I received a Packers snuggie for Christmas, and you can bet I'm wrapped up in it 98% of the work day.
The Packers. Obviously I love my boys, and they're doing me proud this year. I can't wait to cheer them on for the SUPERBOWL. I was just a little junior high brat the last time they made it this far, and the game ended in heartbreak. Stupid Elway. ::grumble grumble:: GO PACK GO!
And since this post is all sorts of Susan inspired, she also tagged me in this survey. Here goes....
1. Four TV shows that I watch
- How I Met Your Mother
- Jersey Shore (no shame here!)
- Real Housewives of ______ (all except Atlanta currently)
2. Four Things that I’m passionate about
- Green Bay Packers!
3. Four words/phrases I use a lot
- Holy crapolli!
- Holy guacamole!!!
- Really?!? Really!?!?!?
- Any phrase where the final word can have multiple repeated letters (ex: heck yesssssssss!)
- Eating dairy before a run is never a good idea.
- People change, for the good and for the bad.
- Never settle for anything.
- Yellow + blue make green.
5. Four places I would like to go
- The Superbowl this year
- Ate 4 oatmeal cream pies
- Bought groceries for the first time in 6 weeks (starvin' marvin over here)
- Didn't know the answer to final Jeopardy
- Went to the library
7. Four things I’m looking forward to
- The Superbowl: Go Pack GO!!!!
- Marathon #3 in Fargooooooooo
- Hearing back from my grad school applications
- Spring. I heart spring.
- Ice skating (although I prefer to do it indoors, still the rinks are only open in the winter time)
- Being outside at night when the fluffy snowflakes are falling
- Christ/birth/mas season
- Wearing scarves every.single.day.
And I'm off for a run in the bitter cold. And my coat may actually run away from me it smells so bad. Apparently these things need to be washed on occasion... I dunno.....