Last Monday I was the biggest B.A. of SoDak when I did my run in 95 degree temps. Please keep in mind that this was the temp after I waited for it to cool off. It was well over 100 degrees for the day, my car told me it was 119 when I was driving home from work, but it's clearly a liar. However, if there was a thermometer INSIDE my car, it would've been in the 150 range. G.D. black car. Yes I sweated through my dress clothes during my 7 minute commute, thanks for asking.
To be honest, the run wasn't that bad. Granted it was an easy-paced 3 miles. But heat....? It really doesn't suck THAT bad. I've definitely had cooler temperature runs where I have been much much MUCH sweatier and on the brink of death, but the humidity was only in the 40% range. It's just so rare that we have heat WITHOUT 90-100% humidity that I didn't realize whom my true foe was. Humidity.... you suckkkkkkkkk.
I also got in a rockin' 800 meter repeat run, without getting my ass handed to me. YAYZIES. Considering it's been roughly 6 weeks since I've done any speed work I was slightly concerned. Yes it was tough, and yes my heart rate data proved I was working my hiney off, but it was kind of...fun. ::cough:: masochist! ::cough::
After my warm up, I was able to knock out 3 800s in 3:36, 3:37, and 3:35.
And this weekend I headed up to Minneapolis for a bachelorette party. I threw my running stuff in my bag with a chuckle.... "ha... yeah... suuuuuuuuuuure I'll run." But damn it if I didn't get out there for my long run on Sunday after a 2 day bachelorette party bender. Keep in mind, my long run is a whopping 8 miles currently, but still! That's the furthest I've run since Fargo.
I found a super sweet trail near my BFFF's (someone previously asked what this means..... best effing friends forever.... we're dumb and have been calling each other this for a gazillion years now) brother's house. I loved that the trail had separate lanes for bikers and runners/walkers. I didn't have to worry about getting mowed down on the path! Before I knew it I had ran upon Target Field during their game. Go Twins!
I did 8 miles in 1:15:32 for a pace of 9:27. And my average heart rate was 3 beats lower than the range I was shooting for. Double yayzies!
And for your random enjoyment: One of the things I love the most about the stats that blogger provides me is the searches people use to find me. I've been compiling some of my faves for a while now, and just had to share with you. Naturally I had to provide commentary as well, so please enjoy.
- 7.2 miles and the puppies are hurting (is this referring to ta-tas or feet?)
- what ze poopnuggets (french poopnuggets are far superior to their American counterparts: the poopnuggets)
- My first 4some story (hey-o! congrats kid!)
- The devils workout (I will probably have some crazy cult seek me out after my mile repeat/devils workout jokes)
- i love wet tees (who doesn't?!?!)
- running tights and camel toe (make that camel toe classy yo!)
- food poisoning from funnel cake (this post was somewhat inconclusive)
- words like yayzies (there aren't any. no substitutes. sorry.)
- will the mankato marathon be hilly? (answer: uh. yes.)
- national conference of bresilian bishops (held biannually, send your entry fee to me.)
- nice hips (what, these creaky old things??? bow chicka bow wow....)
- running in a wet t-shirt. (yes... it's called massive sweat. And it's hawt.)