Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekly Wishlist + Scarves for PRs

Last night I knocked out some mile repeats for the first time in a long time.  I seriously can't remember the last time I did mile repeats, and I'm too lazy to check my running log for proof.  So just go with it.  I usually loathe mile repeats aka the devil's workout, which probably means that they're the best training run for me, because they suckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Anywho.  I had 3x1600m repeats at 7:41 pace and I was a little concerned as to how my legs would hold up.  I did a "test run"  (bahahahah punny) with the slower tempo run, but had yet to run FAST (for me) since the half.  I was pretty surprised/impressed! 

7:34
7:35
7:36

I did a mile warm up and half mile jogs in between the repeats, and a mile cool down.  It's always nice to "run" your workout instead of having it run you, ya know?  And I was so stoked about how well the run went and was bragging to KK about it, the enthusiasm must've wore off, because I think he agreed to accompany me on part of my run tonight.  Finger's crossed he wasn't just talking in his sleep.  :/  (likely, sadly).

And now on to the fun stuff.  The weekly wishlist:
I need this like I need to breathe.
Often?  Heavily?  I don't even know what that means, but yeah.


I'm mildly (grave understatement) obsessed with Yoda. This is awesome.

These are just too cute.  I love them stacked like this too.


This is a kid's scarf, but I don't imagine my neck is much bigger than it was at 14, so I think that's ok, right?  Polka dot love.


This matches my bedroom.... I want it in a print.  So pretty.
Clearly I'm on a scarf kick.

Speaking of scarves, if you're new around these parts, I crochet super soft infinity scarves to help fund my running/racing addiction.  I started last fall, and it was a great way to supplement some crazy race fees and travel costs.  Plus I think the scarves are super pretty, and can't justify making myself one in every color, so this is the enxt best thing.  I don't have nearly as much time to devote to crocheting as I did last fall, but wanted to let you know that I am taking some orders, and it would be best to get your order in early as it's first come first served.

The scarves are $30, and the shipping and handling in the U.S. is $3.  There are a ton of colors to choose from, and each scarf is custom crocheted.  I'm also working on a super pretty cowl, so stay tuned for that unveiling.  Take a look here for some completed scarves and color options.  If you're interested, leave a note in the comments with an email to reach you a, or shoot me at email at jerbearshares [at] gmail [dot] com

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE the polka dots!

Susan said...

Um, that mug is PERFECT.