1. Compression socks. Extra points if they have argyle. Since "fixing" my running form, my calves are tight ALLOFTHETIME. I'm foam rolling like a mother, but the compression socks help while I'm lounging around, or even the first couple of hours at work before we open to the public.
2. Pug kisses. This will probably never change. Bad breath and all, I love em!
3. Fat Tire beer. I was obsessed with this beer when it first came to South Dakota a few years back, and have been craving it non-stop the last month or so. I know some consider it a "bad" good beer, but I love it.
4. 5 or 6am runs. Who would've thought this one was coming?? This summer has been pretty brutal weather wise, save for a few nice weeks, so the early morning runs were a must. However, after getting in to an early bedtime routine, it's pretty easy to wake up before the sun, and get my miles knocked out before work. I'm also finding I have way less tummy issues first thing in the morning, so that's a huge plus.
5. Breyer's Heath ice cream. I had one half gallon in my freezer on Friday. I no longer have that half gallon in my freezer on Sunday afternoon. You do the math.
6. Modern Family. #obsessed I don't know why this didn't get added to my TV watching schedule a few years back, but I'm kind of glad that it didn't because I'm tearing through the seasons one after another.
7. Ice cold showers. There was a particularly steamy long run last week that ended in a freezing cold shower, and my pleasurable outbursts were so frequent that Kyle came in to the bathroom to make sure I was alone in there. True story.
8. Watermelon. There have been runs that the only thing that has gotten me to put one foot in front of the other is the promise of super cold, juicy watermelon waiting for me. God I love watermelon.
9. Audiobooks. Sometimes. I enjoy listening to audiobooks while I'm driving because I feel like I'm accomplishing something other than just getting from point A to point B. But man there are some terrible narrators out there. So I've learned to not be afraid to give the audiobook the ol' heave-ho if necessary and pick up the book copy instead.
10. Coffee mugs. I haven't drank black coffee in months (insert tears here). Oh wait! I did have a few sips of it on Friday morning! My poor tummy seems to revolt from black coffee, or perhaps it's drinking the black coffee on an empty stomach that is doing the trick. Either way, my beautiful coffee mug collection has been sitting in the cupboard, sadly waiting for me to come back to it. I do have some more mug designs to do as soon as I get my hands on some plain coffee mugs.
And now for what I'd like to call, "Stop trying to make ______ happen."
Stop trying to make pumpkin beer happin, Jerbear.
I love pumpkin. I LOVE beer. I keep trying every breweries take on the pumpbeer, and I just end up disappointed every time. Just drink your PSLs, and your Fat Tires, and come to grip that these two items will not co-exist in one beverage for you.
(Ok, with that being said, if you DO have the magical pumpkin/beer combo that will cause me to retract this statement, I'd totally be on board. My dream pumpkin beer would be a stout with a hint of pumpkin and spices, but I'm guessing that either a stout is too heavy for a light pumpkin flavor to show through, or pumpkin beers are marketed at girls who tend to like to drink light fruity beers, and I'm not a light fruity girl. Le sigh.)
Oh and in other news, I knocked out 46 miles this week, my highest weekly mileage since February 2012. Not bad for comeback Jerbear.