Here are some of my options:
- Oz/Garmin Marathon in Olathe, KS. I think I have Dominique on board for doing it if I decide to, plus it's a short drive from Kyle's bestie, so I think we'd have a place to stay, plus a super fun celebratory weekend. The drive is about 5 hours which isn't terrible. It's the end of April so it should still be cool, but being 5 hours south of here, it could be warm, and likely humid. Possibly windy....
- Lincoln Marathon in Lincoln, NE. Niki is trying to twist my arm on this one. I could hang out and stay with her, meet her adorable TWINS, and enjoy a fairly flat marathon course. It's the first weekend in May, so again it could be warm, humid, windy or all of the above.
- Brookings Marathon in Brookings, SD. Meh. My parents, Kyle's parents, and friends could spectate which would be awesome. Kyle (or Megan, if she's not running the full/half) could probably bike sherpa for me if I asked really sweetly. The downside: it's always windy. It's a pretty small race, so parts would probably be me running alone. And I kind of like marathons to be destination-esque, because they're still a pretty big deal to me.
- Fargo Marathon in Fargo, ND. The race was moved up a weekend which actually appeals to me. The course is crazy flat, and the spectators are out of this world. It was super fun in 2011 (despite a shitty race) because SO MANY of my runner friends did it, that I'm afraid it wouldn't be that great if no one else did it. Perhaps I'll start campaigning now....
- Brookings half. Maybe I'll go the spring half marathon route? Attempt a few halfs in the spring, but keep the higher mileage to see if that helps me knock some time off my PR? I did really enjoy the half course in 2012. If I went this route, I'd probably try to do a half in Mpls in March, and another in St. Cloud in April.
Where are you racing this spring? Would you like my company?? Now's your time to campaign!! :D