Marathon PR. I'm not going to sign up for another marathon until my current training indicates that a sub-4 will be in my cards. I'm hoping that will be the case late this spring when I'm tentatively planning to register for marathon #7!This didn't happen. Not even close. But it will someday. :) Half Marathon PR. This spring I'm shooting for ~3 half marathon races. Since our weather can be incredibly fickle in the spring (and the fall, and the winter, and the summer....) I want to have options as to deciding what my A race is since I know that certain weather conditions destroy me. I have a lot of work to do to make this a reality over the next few months!I made some great progress toward this goal this year and raced two of my fastest half marathon times in almost 2 years, but still not close to my PR.
0k PR. There's a 10k in May and June that I'm planning on doing. If I'm in speedy shape, I would like to see this 3 year old (OMG) PR fall.I got within 2 minutes to this goal on the 4th of July. I was pretty proud of that!
- Be in L-O-V-E love with running. Big, fat YES.
- Run and race with friends. Jenn and I got to do quite a few races together before she got injured!
- Make some new running friends to add to the group. Jenn and I ran together a lot! And I've met some new runner friends through the running club!
- Run with speedier, intimidating folks to force me to run harder (Jacqueline, this means I will hopefully finally take you up on your long run offers!) Jenn is speedier, but I never got to the speedy speedy point of running with my super fast friends.
Run a 200 mile month.Not even close. Hit a 50 mile training week while not in marathon training.( I'd like to try higher mileage training for my spring halfs, as long as my body is up for it!)This did not happen. This goal is probably not a possibility for a couple of years. Run a 60 mile week, either in training or not.^ Do a month long run streak. This summer before marathon training starts? Next November? December? Hmm...This would be more feasible if it was a yoga streak. Hah.
- Run more miles than 2013 AND 2012. (924.6 in 2012 and 670.6 in 2013). 1 for 2! Half win.
- Stay healthy. I did well up until September.
Chiro and/or massage BEFORE "when necessary". ie: already broken. Maintenance > Repairing.Eh. Fail.
- Do hip stretches and exercises on the reg. Win! I did my hip/glute stretches/activation drills before every run!
Eat healthier. Cook more. Bulk up the delicious recipe stash.Eh, this varied throughout the year. I'd say we're ending the year on a massive fail.
- Bike another half century. I didn't quite get 50 miles, but I got 40 on a solo ride.
- Continue with stuff OTHER THAN running (ie: strength training, fitness videos, yoga, etc.) YES!
- Do abwork year round, not just in the summer when abs make an appearance.
Make 100 pushups/day, every other day, a "thing" not just a one time thing.(I did this on my birthday as it was on my 101 in 1001 list. It felt pretty good and Kyle did it with me!) Caveat: They were girl pushups, but I'd definitely like to work up to ALL regular pushups. It'll take some work though. My girl Jillian has helped over the past month. I wouldn't have been able to do 100 girl ones without doing the 30 day shred, that's for sure. Captain of the T Rex arms team over here!
- Read 200 books.
- Attempt NaNoWriMo again. Spend some time in October doing NaNoWriMoPrep! Yay!
- Pay off a good portion of my grad school loans. Wahoo!
Save money for a house down-payment.Kyle is doing way better at this than I am.
- Earn a promotion. YES!!!
- Take a trip with Kyle, even for the weekend. Win!
Adopt a pug brother or sister for Ollie (maybe....Housing sitch dependent).Waiting on a house. Sigh.