Friday, June 12, 2015

Harrisburg 5k Race Goals

About a week ago, I decided to drop from the 10k to the 5k for this race. I know I can complete a 10k this weekend, but as far as a solid race is concerned, I know I'm not yet into 10k race shape. I'm working on some issues with my left glute and my form is still struggling when I did into the 5-6 mile range.

With that being said, I have spent some decent runs going "fast" for me. I haven't done any targeted speedwork, per say, but I have spent some time each week running faster than normal. My runs have been faster overall since I've been running shorter amounts.

My goal for tomorrow's 5k is to run faster than the last 5k I ran back in November which was a 27:30. A sub 27 would be top notch, but I'm not sure that I'm in that shape. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: