Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Base Building Week 1

Week of December 26-January 1

Monday Planned: General Aerobic 4 miles
Monday Actual: 5 miles of ice skating
It's my birthday so I'll ice skate if I want to!! And then drink beer during the daytime with friends.

Tuesday Planned: 1 Hour Sanford POWER
Tuesday Actual:  1 Hour Sanford POWER
I'm obsessed with the weekly POWER classes, I'm so stoked that they're going to continue this winter, AND that they'll fit my work schedule. I credit this class significantly for keeping me injury free the past couple of months.

Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Wednesday Actual: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Group run at 605 Running Co. with a couple of gals. It was really icy in spots so there was a bit of walking and some walk breaks for my running friend. 

Thursday Planned: General Aerobic 4 Miles
Thursday Actual: Rest
 I had planned to go to the gym and hit the treadmill after work, but my stomach was super upset, so I went home instead.

Friday Planned: Rest
Friday Actual: Rest
After skipping my Thursday run, I had actually planned to do it Friday after work, but see notes from Thursday, stomach was still super angry at me. More rest.

Saturday Planned: Endurance 8 Miles
Saturday Actual: General Aerobic 3.27 Miles
I was going to meet up with a bunch of my running friends for a MASSIVE group run at 605 Running Co. but I woke up and didn't want to do anything. So I ate fresh baked cookies in bed with the pug, and then ate ice cream for lunch. After the Alabama game (ROLL TIDE!), I laced up my shoes and headed out for an easy loop around town. I kept the pace easy and my HR in the GA zone. Before the run I did my clam shell exercises with my new resistance bands!

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Endurance 8 Miles
I recruited some lovely runner chicks to join me for the first run of 2017! It was a chilly morning for the first half into the wind, but I got really warm really fast once it was at our back. The miles just flyyyyy by when you have company and are chatting it up. I need to remember this when I want to bag a group run. 


Total Mileage Planned: 19 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 19.3 miles

No comments: