Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Maintenance Training Week 3

Week of June 5-11

Monday: I took a rest day. It was my mom's birthday and a million degrees out so Kyle and I went out to dinner to celebrate her, and then spent time together after spending the weekend apart.

Tuesday: Tuesday morning I LED my very first group run! Wahoo. The new yoga and cycling studio that just opened in town wanted to add a run and flow so I was super excited to take the lead on it. I had originally planned to get there super early to run 2-3 miles before but I wanted to make sure I knew how to set up my music with their sound system and figure out how to lock up while someone was there to show me! I did two miles with two of my friends and one of their pups. For future Tuesdays I hope to get there early to get in 5 miles total.


After the run we did a 30 minute yoga class. You know what's hard? Teaching a 30 minute yoga class! Sixty minutes never seems like enough time so 30 minutes was almost impossible!!


Wednesday: My BRF surprised me by coming home a day early to come yoga and the group run. Naturally we were dressed identically without any pre-planning other than, on Wednesdays we wear pink. The miles flew by and it made me realize I missed her even more than I originally thought! We did 3 miles followed by 60 minutes of HOT deck yoga. So warm. There's a reason I don't practice heated yoga. Woof.


Thursday: I had planned to do an awesome yoga class with a well-renown yogi/doctor and then I was going to do a trail run/walk/hike to get in some miles for the week, and then by the time work was over, I just wanted to go home and go to bed. I went to bed at 8pm. :/

Friday: I was up bright and early for the return of POWER. 60 minutes of lifting and dynamic moves later I was ready to start the rest of my day. Man I love power.



Saturday: Thanks to the heat wave I had zero desire to get out and run. Originally I was going to do a 10k/5k, but decided early on in the week that record heat probably wasn't the best time for me to race. Then I was going to volunteer for the race but I was still exhausted from the pug being sick earlier in the week.

Sunday: I convinced Kyle to head out for a bike ride with me, it was so roasty toasty I was thankful I had a reason to skip my run. We biked 20 miles and have the sore butts to prove it!



Total Mileage: 5 miles running, 20 miles biking

No comments: