Friday, June 16, 2017

Trail Running

About a year ago, I went for my first group run on trails. It was love at first sight! I wasn't running a ton, but I was almost always at that weekly group run. And since I was just getting back in to running, and it was summer and hot, I was dreadfully slow and pokey and sometimes felt like roadkill.

I haven't had many opportunities to get back out there yet this year, plus trail running didn't really go along with my fast half marathon goal for the spring, but now that my training is a lot more relaxed for the next month and a half, I'm really excited to get back out on the trails.

The focus is so much different than running on the road. I find myself paying zero attention to my pace, walking/hiking when I need to, stopping to take pictures when the beautiful scenery demands it. I'm hoping I can making the Thursday night trail runs a constant this summer. I even bought a pair of trail shoes (eeps!).

Now searching for: pug gaiters.



No comments: