Thursday, June 22, 2017

Podcasts Take 2

I spend a lot of time in my car driving back and forth from work, and I typically drive "into town" for my long runs on the weekend as well, and to do yoga, or cycle. So yeah, I spend a lot of time in my car. But that's cool, because I love my car (subie squad!). I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts, so here is installment #2 of podcasts that I'm currently loving. (installment 1 can be found here, a running specific installment here).


Surely everyone has listened to S-Town by now, but if you haven't, it totally lives up to the hype. I didn't listen to it compulsively from start to finish, but pretty close. The first episode was just meh for me, but after that I was way into it.



Serial Serial is a pretty silly concept for a podcast in that it's a podcast about a podcast (how very meta, eh?). But I first started listening when it was recapping the original Serial podcast, and it has touched on season 2 and a bit on S-Town as well.



The Ali on the Run Show is one of my newest adds to my listening channel. I used to read Ali's blog back in the day, and then I fell out of love with running and unfollowed all the running blogs (nothing like watching people love running, when you don't, right?). But I found her podcast and she seems like such a cool girl, that clearly us and our dogs need to be friends. I'm entertained, and I typically learn something new. What more could you want from a podcast?



Endurance Planet is a newer running podcast I've added to my rotation. Some of the posts are a little too technical for my liking (which is impressive because I love the technical!) but they're one of the only podcasts I've found that really dive in to the science behind running, and I obviously eat that up.



Relationship Alive is your weekly relationship counseling session that you don't have to pay for or coordinate a schedule with your partner to attend. For real. It's awesome. Last fall I listened to an episode every week during a long walk and it always gave such excellent advice and suggestions. If you think about it, no one ever teaches us *how* to be in a successful healthy relationship. We have our parents as an example, but if our parents relationship isn't identical to our partners parents' relationship (which the odds of that are like, one in a million, right?) then we're already starting off on a difficult foot. The host brings on experts of various areas of relationships, and it's just great.

What else do I need to add to the rotation?!

No comments: