Monday, July 3, 2017

Firecracker 5k Race Goals

On Tuesday I'll be racing in a local Firecracker race. I had originally planned/wanted to do the 10k as there are very few 10ks around here. But after I missed the last 5k in the Parks and Rec series due to an angry back, I decided I wanted to line up for the 5k instead. Also the humidity was going to be out of control again (as per usual) and it seems way easier to wrap my brain around running hard for 3 miles vs 6.

The last two 5ks I ran were short courses, at 3 miles, paces at 8:57 and 8:22. The 5k I ran earlier in June was 8:40 pace. I'd really like to be under 8:15 pace for this 5k, as close to 8 as possible. I've done zero speedwork so who knows if this is feasible, but I know it'll be significantly cooler at this race than it was for the one I ran 8:22 pace for. However, the humidity will be intense, soooo we'll see.

Excited to see what my legs can do!


No comments: