Thursday, July 27, 2017

Ollie's Birthday Celebration


It was my sweet pugbear's adoptiversary last month. Five years ago we rescued her, and she's truly my best friend on the planet. A couple of days prior to her birthday/adoptiversary, she was very sick, almost unresponsive, and I didn't think she was going to make it through the night. I was terrified and inconsolable. Eventually I fell asleep with her by my side, fully expecting her to not wake up in the morning. Somewhere in the middle of the night, she woke up and started licking her paws, a totally normal thing for her to do. And at another point, she got up, twirled around and snuggled up closer to me, another totally Ollie thing to do.

The next morning she was still really out of it, but not nearly as scary as she was the night before. I took her to the vet asap and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. They, and I, suspect she had some doggy vertigo, and is 100% back to normal now. THANK GOD.

At one point during the night I may have whispered into her sweet ear that if she made it through the night I would no longer portion out her meals, and she could eat as much as she wanted whenever she wanted.

Well. I sort of made good on that promise by purchasing $50 of treats and things for her at Shopdog to celebrate her birthday. Including dog beer, yes that's a thing, yes I went with the pug porter for obvious reasons.

I love you Ollie Girl, and I hope that your promise to live forever comes true, because I can't imagine a world with you!






No comments: