Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

Friday night after work, Ollie, Kyle and I packed up and headed north to Kyle's parents' cabin for the night. We got there, had an awesome dinner and then spent some time by the camp fire, before I was zonking out by the fire. I attempted to go to bed, but a) I had forgotten my earplugs and everyone snores and b) Ollie was being super weird, wouldn't sleep, was pacing in the bed, and then eventually got sick. So I got zero sleep.



After an awesome breakfast, we went out on the water for a nice long pontoon ride. Despite Ollie's RBF, she really loves boat rides. I think she was also exhausted from the evening of not sleeping. It got a little toasty toward the end of the boat ride, so I was attempting to make her a shaded tent out of my running shirt.



I also thought she'd enjoy having a sleep mask of her own to block out the sun.

Saturday afternoon we headed further north to go up to our camper. There was a campsite potluck dinner, so I got to meet a bunch of our "neighbors" and eat a lot of delicious food (most of which was deep fat fried or included mayo as a major recipe component).

Sunday morning I bailed on my long run and Kyle and I went out fishing. It was the most perfect day to be on the water. Warm but not hot, a nice breeze, no bugs. I was in heaven. Even if the fish weren't biting. At all.


Eventually we caught a couple but nothing big enough to keep. Monday the winds were atrocious so we packed up early to head home. It was an awesome weekend. Why isn't every weekend three days long??








No comments: