Wednesday, December 20, 2017

F^3 Lake Half Marathon Training Week 4

Week of December 11-17


Monday Planned: Recovery 6 miles
Monday Actual: Recovery 3.5 miles. It was so windy and freezing that we cut it a little short. Brrr.





Tuesday PlannedRest
Tuesday Actual: Rest.


Wednesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic + Speed 8 miles 6x12 sec uphill, 6x100 strides
Wednesday ActualGeneral Aerobic + Speed 8 miles 6x12 sec uphill, 6x100 strides; split into 4 miles before yoga and 4 miles after yoga.



Thursday PlannedVO2 Max 9 miles 6x1k @ 3k-5k
Thursday Actual: Toni was out of town, so I recruited a newish running buddy to keep me company for some miles. I thought asking her to run 9 miles in the evening AND do a workout would be too big of an ask, so I settled for company. Due to freezing rain with 3 miles to go, we shaved off one of the miles for 8 total. Brr.


Friday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 4 miles 
Friday Actual: I had every intention of doing the coffee run on Friday but my stomach was angry much of Thursday and all of Thursday night so I opted to rest.

Saturday PlannedEndurance 12 miles
Saturday Actual: Toni and I decided to flip flop long run days.

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual
Endurance 12 miles; one of the best long runs ever (despite some continued stomach distress, grrr...)





Total Mileage Planned: 38 Miles
Total Mileage Actual: 31.7 miles. Bummed to be a little short, but thrilled with this kind of weekly mileage mid-December!

No comments: