Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Obsession: Strava

I have resisted Strava forever. I've mentioned this before, but several years back (5, I went back and checked) my current online running log was shutting down and I had to find something new. I originally had wanted to go with Strava, but they wouldn't allow the file format I had to re-upload old data, so I wasn't interested.

Fast forward to 2017.

And I'm on Strava. I was hesitant because while I loved Dailymile, there were parts of it I hated. I hated comparing myself to others, seeing their workouts, their paces, their race times, and feeling like I fell short of what they accomplished.

Fast forward to 2017.

Apparently I've matured, or something, because there ain't none of that going on! Just a whole lot of likes and kudos and cheering each other on. The site tricked me into trying to premium account, and of course I'm now suckered into that for all of eternity. I do enjoy getting the additional data (shocker) that allows me, as well as goal setting, even though my private log does that as well.

I'm going to keep my private log going because it has ALL my data (well even that's not true, because it doesn't go back to 2005 when I first started tracking), but as much of it as it can. But with my Garmin uploading to each with either a button click, or nothing at all, it hasn't been too time consuming or cumbersome.

So please look me up!


No comments: